Thursday, September 22, 2016

Review: Shadow of a Girl

Shadow of a Girl Shadow of a Girl by Shannon Greenland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVE THIS BOOK! I could not put it down.

The characters were amazing. The story was phenomenal - talk about a roller coaster! I was so involved with the story that my daughter commented on the many emotions were on my face during my reading.
Eve and West were such amazing characters that I just wanted to keep reading and understanding them. And Gideon - well there are many things I could say about him but they are not very nice at all and that goes against my better judgement.
To go through everything Eve went through in her life, to have such an amazing sense of self and strength was a wonder to read about. I felt that these characters were very realistic and I could see them develop over the entire story.
And of course now it comes to me - I felt raw after reading this. I know I had tears in my eyes when I read it. I got many a look as I sat in the library and cried while I waited for my kids to find books.
I give this one a 5 star rating and honestly I want to read it again it touched me that much

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment