Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction

Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction by Candace Cameron Bure
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I was a bit overwhelmed by the religious aspect of this book. You cannot know anything about Candace Cameron Bure without knowing she has a strong religious fiber to her. But I felt this was very heavy handed. And honestly I felt that it was a bit of a wet towel on the fascination with this celebrity. I understand that we all need something to lean on in life - some use religion, while others use family, their job, less than appropriate items, etc. But when I feel that it is being shoved down my throat and pushed on me, I feel very put off and discouraged from continuing either exploring or learning.

Overall I would give this a 2 star rating - possibly a 2-1/2 star. But if it was a bit less preachy, I could have gone higher. But that really turned me off from reading and enjoying it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment