Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: A Whole New World

A Whole New World A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a lot more hope for this one than I ended up feeling about it towards the end. I always was a fan of the Aladdin story but I found that I grew a bit frustrated with how this book was suppose to be perceived. Was this one to make you rethink the original story truly or create a whole new story in and of itself? I felt it was confused mostly. As soon as it veered off the original path, if you will, I became annoyed with the graphic nature of the violence. I don't think my kiddos need to read that. Yes, I know we live in a day and age when violence is a desensitized subject, but come on. This is suppose to be a Disney story and that I hold to a level I don't hold others too - a truly family friendly story.

I wish I could have gone higher than a 2-1/2 star rating honestly I do. But I just couldn't. I will give the next one a go but we will have to see how it goes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment