Monday, May 30, 2016

Review: Roses

Roses Roses by G.R. Mannering
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was all over this one as I have a love of Beauty and the Beast. This retelling is bit creepier if that is possible. I have always loved the magical aspect of the story - true love conquering all - a beast becoming the attractive prince, etc. But in this version, there is no dancing candlesticks, singing teapots, or bureaus that suggest dresses for you. Ahh, I do love me a Disney love story.

I honestly did not feel any connection to the characters at all with this one. I wish that I had. I became bored at times throughout the book. But did love how the writer did not try to totally reinvent this story. Instead, it was a true retelling of the story with a slight twist to make it different.

I am interested to see what other stories are in this Tales Trilogy. I gave this one a 3 star rating as I felt that whereas I did not overly love the characters, I did still love the story and it was indeed well done.

I received this book as an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review during my attendance at BookCon 2016.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment