Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Breakaway



We all know how much I love Ali Parker and this one delivers as I would hope and expect it to.  I am never disappointed by her characters and the story that they have to deliver to us.  


The Book Description:

Lucas White is captain of the hockey team, and well deserving of the position. He’s hard-hitting, rough and puts up with very little. He’s kept to himself throughout his years at Providence University, but it’s time to train the next man up in line for his position. His second on the Hockey team has a twin sister that catches everyone’s eye and leaves most of the guys acting like idiots, but Lucas isn’t interested. Girls are too needy, too catty and a pain in butt. Plain and simple. 

Aubrey Moore’s had her eye on the captain of the hockey team for the last few years since her brother, Jayce joined the team. He’s known for being a complete jerk, but Aubrey’s had the pleasure of seeing around the edges of his personality and wants to know him more. Now she just has to figure out how to help him breakaway from being so jaded and join her in the best adventure anyone could embark on -love. 

My Review:

I love how Lucas has such a standoffish demeanor regarding women.  Aubrey is head over heels for Lucas despite what her brother really wants her do.  And the way that find each other and want to have the Happily Ever After is exactly what you want too.  

I enjoy books with the dueling points of view as then I feel you actually really get to know both the characters versus just the one and the impression of one.  In this book, I was glad to see it not being rushed but yet it did not drag either.  It felt right in the time frame for it to happen and that the emotions involved would actually be realistic.

I am also a sucker for a HEA and I feel that it was here with this one.  Not a I see their paths in the next year or more type of HEA but I felt that it was a HEA that fit the characters perfectly.

And let's talk about the writing for a brief moment.  I love how developed these characters are and yet you never feel that you are just being given a bunch of facts to make you understand the situation.  I mean let's get right away that Ali Parker's characters are always amazing to me, but it is because she has a way of relating those characters to you quickly.  A lesson other authors could take in and it would make their stories that much better.

So I give this one a 5 star rating as I loved how it flowed and the characters were great.  I cannot wait to see where this series goes and hope that we get to visit with these 2 again.

I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.



So read this one:  Here is a link for Goodreads and Amazon so you can get it if you are so inclined:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28929446-breakaway

http://www.amazon.com/Breakaway-Adult-Sports-Romance-Pro-U-ebook/dp/B01B9XNJP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461721696&sr=8-1&keywords=breakaway+by+ali+parker


No comments:

Post a Comment