Tuesday, February 2, 2016

To Review or Not to Review??

I have struggled numerous times this past year with what books to review and which not to.  At times my To Be Read pile (TBR) was out of control.  It made me feel like I was drowning in a sea of some of my most happiest of places.
Image result for to be read piles

I made a career decision and took a full-time position at my work this year.  I thought for sure that my ability to keep reading as many books as before would be affected.  But I realized I just needed to become more choosy in my selection of the books I read.  And that I should not only try for books just because I can get them, but because I really want them.  And that if I do not read as many books as last year, that was fine.  But I wanted to choose books to read based on what I wanted to read and my friends recommendations.  Those always seemed to be pushed to the bottom of my to read pile because I had a deadline I had to meet on other books I requested.
Image result for book love

So, now it has been a couple months since I made that change and I am still on pace to finish at the same level as I did when I was asking for every book I could.  And I have read a few books that I have wanted to read for a while now.  I am realizing that this was the best avenue I could take on this reviewer journey I so wanted to take.  I am also realizing that by me being choosy, I can opt to read books my kiddos would want to read and then therefore I can share this love of reading I have with them even more.  I mean after all, isn't that what being a parent is all about?  Sharing something you love with someone you love?Sharing a piece of me with a true piece of me?  I feel super lucky to be able to do that now.

Image result for word lucky

So all this blog is today is a babble of why you will see more reviews on this blog this year.  You will not see as many cover reveals or publisher sponsored events on this blog.  And that does not mean you will not hear about books or my opinions on them.  It just means that I am choosing to be truer to me this year with the books I review and read.  So it is a YEAH ME!! moment indeed.

Image result for yeah me

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a process every reviewer goes through. When you first start blogging, you're overwhelmed by the idea that you can get books for free. Like, people will just give them to you! Then, as time goes on, you start to realize that not every free book is worth reading. And that you're missing out on some fantastic books because you're spending time on some not so great ones.

    Hope that this new strategy is fantastic for you!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think blogging is a definite growing experience.

    ReplyDelete