Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Review: Me Before You

Me Before You Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So perhaps I am a bit judgy in this review. I honestly do not know what it is about it but it was just an okay read for me. Nothing spectacular.

The writing was fine. A bit confusing in those rare occurrences where the point of view changed and you were not sure if it changed back or not. But overall, it was written well.

The characters are definitely some that I did not care for and maybe that is why I did not think it to be as spectacular as others did. Will was an adventurous guy who had a tragic thing happen to him. And thus when all that he cared about failed him, he gave up on life. Louisa was irritating to me at best. She never seemed to be in love with her guy Patrick, her family treated her as a source of income not as a family member, and she never seemed to enjoy anything.

Overall, I would give this a 3 star rating as the characters may have irritated me but the writing and story were okay.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment