Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Review: Landline

Landline Landline by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I appreciate that everyone is on a Rainbow Rowell roller coaster of fun. But I unfortunately am just watching the fun apparently.
I felt that this book was enjoyable to a point. I mean, the premise of this book is immensely enjoyable and had my hopes raised. But it fell short for me. The sci-fi element had me doubting my own sanity and had me (out loud) saying "Really????" Thanks, now my children are questioning what is wrong with Mommy.
The characters were not immensely interesting or exciting. I felt that they were not that intriguing and that is what I want when I read a book, an intriguing character. Do they really need to be outside the normal for people - having an intrinsic quality that no one in my real life could obtain? Not for my liking. I like real people as the characters, but they have to be able to draw me into their life. And these did not. I wanted to know why the kid meows more than any other aspect of the story.
Overall, I will give this a 3 star rating. Not really bad, just not something I will shout from the rooftops for others to follow suit and read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment