Sunday, November 15, 2015

Review: Room

Room Room by Emma Donoghue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have noticed a trend that I have not been catching up on my books that are going into movies beforehand. And this irritates me as I used to pride myself on it. So at the urging of a friend, I read this one before the movie and the temptation to see it right away. I saw a clip on the filming and this peeked my interest.
So when I began reading I understood right away the plot as it is not something new, honestly. This was written with an overwhelming sense of love for this child and the preservation of this child's innocence and well-being. But, I have to say that the style of the writing was irritating enough for me to become frustrated at times. I felt that yes, he would be a bit younger in his phraseology. But on the same hand, he would not as sheltered with some of his words as he did watch TV and let's face it, Sponge Bob and Dora do speak quite well for their audience level. And the mom seemed to be a truly sheltered girl who was supposedly in college when this came about. Her mom and dad irritated me but I understood that those would be normal reactions to this news.
Overall, I would give this a 4 star rating as it was well done, despite my issues with it. Now, I cannot wait to see how it gets portrayed on the big screen.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I have this one sitting on my shelf - need to read it before the movie, so I'd better hurry!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete