Monday, November 2, 2015

Review: The 19th Wife

The 19th Wife The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to enjoy this book more but in the age when we have so many options to read, it is hard to focus attention on books that make you fall asleep or get distracted by actually cleaning. Yep, I would rather vacuum instead of read this one. Frightening! As someone who has family who are Mormon, I often wondered about the separation of the church and how that really went on instead of the Hollywood-ized version many of us know to be fact. But I seem to feel that a lot of what was presented as fact in this book may not truly be. I am not saying it isn't, but it just doesn't seem right. I wanted to be more invested in the story and the characters, but honestly felt them to be so obscure that they were not relatable in any way. So, that was an issue that I just could not seem to get past. I know my book club will have plenty to say about this one, but seriously, I just wanted to be over and done with this one and move onto something enjoyable and fun.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment