Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Blackmail Boyfriend





Sometimes, blackmail is the only weapon a girl has…

Haley Patterson has had a crush on golden boy Bryce Colton for ages. But when she hears a rumor that he hooked up with her she gives him a choice: be her boyfriend for a month to show other guys that she’s dateable—despite her overprotective and very intimidating brothers—or deal with the angry, cage-fighting boyfriend of the girl he actually did hook up with.

Bryce didn’t know the other Haley even had a boyfriend. He was just trying to get his ex off his back. And now, not only is he being blackmailed, he's being blackmailed by an honor student. His new “girlfriend” has two three-legged dogs, her father mows grass at the country club, and she's…well, difficult. And different.

Can something so fake turn into something real?


My Review:

I had super huge hopes for this book and yet I was pretty disappointed in it.  I loved the blurb and was thoroughly brought in to the book.  So as I read this, I was hoping there was some underlying chemistry between the two leads.  But alas, there was none and I kept yelling at them (in my head, I am not that crazy) to just end it and put us all out of our misery.  But it kept going on and on.  And then some chemistry was there but not a believable amount at all.  And then!!!!  How freakin quick and clean did it wrap up?!?!?!  That was totally unbelievable and not that very interesting.  I really wanted spectacular things to happen but it didn't.  I think it was cute enough to give 3 stars to but a let down in my eyes so nothing more.

Bummer, maybe next time kids!!!

(I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review!)

1 comment:

  1. I pretty much agree with you on this book completely. I felt almost exactly the same. Cute enough for three stars, but it took me a long time to feel chemistry between the characters and the ending was so sudden!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete