Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Edge of Forever

Image result for melissa e hurst




The Edge of Forever, by debut author Melissa E. Hurst, tells the story of seventeen-year-old Bridger and sixteen-year-old Alora, two teenagers separated in time by over 130 years but brought together by time travel. The two must illegally shift through time to prevent a murder and solve the mystery surrounding Bridger’s past. The Edge of Foreveris a fast-paced, mind-bending sci-fi mystery and compelling love story that will leave you guessing to the very end! 


About the Author:


Image result for melissa e hurst
Melissa lives in the southern US with her husband and three kids. She writes YA science fiction and fantasy, which means she considers watching Star Trek and Firefly as research. She dreams of traveling around the world and maybe finding Atlantis one day. You can usually find her with a book in one hand and a Dr. Pepper in the other. Or consuming lots of chocolate.

And my few questions I got to ask her:

What are you currently reading?  

              End of Days by Susan Ee

Who is your favorite writer? 

             This is hard to answer because I have so many I love, but I'd have to go with Suzanne Collins because I'm a huge Hunger Games fan.


What about when you were a kid? 

              I adored anything by Madeleine L'Engle when I was younger. I read everything by her that I could get my hands on.


MY REVIEW:

     I liked the premise of this story.  I felt that occasionally I was left with more questions than I started with.  I was also a bit irritated with the characters at times.  But overall, a good dystopian book with lots of action and time travel.  I mean, who does not enjoy the ability to go back in time to be a hero?  I felt it was a moderate book - not too fast yet not too slow.  I do encourage people to read it but only if you like time travel and dystopian.  I am finding myself really liking a dystopian world.  A solid 3 out of 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment