Monday, May 25, 2015

The Fireman's Wife

The Fireman's WifeThe Fireman's Wife by Susan Farren
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I can start off by saying that I felt as if this book was cliche. Yes, I know it was a memoir, but it had every fireman cliche I know of. And I am a fireman's wife - 16 years and going strong. I understand that what she went through was rough, but a few things bothered me. I do not need to go through them but I wanted to point out something. A friend of mine is about to marry her boyfriend of many years and he too is a fireman. She was told to read this as it helped so many. If your husband were to work in a big city department or somewhere where there were many frightening events like this, I could see this maybe having some merit. But we live in suburbia where this book would just scare the crap out of me and make me worry more than I do. The fact is things can happen no matter what you choose to do as your profession. Any call at 2:30 am is scary - no matter what profession your husband has! So, in summation, I found this memoir to be the cliche fireman's wife story and not at all accurate for most of us out here.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this one didn't work for you. Sometimes these sorts of books actually work better for people who aren't in the real-life situations because fiction and real life rarely line up. :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete