Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Core - Equilibrium Book 1


Synopsis:

There’s something strange about David, something that goes beyond the way he makes Ellie feel. He’s wealthy, poised, and a complete enigma. With nothing to lose but her heart, Ellie goes in search of the truth — a search that leads her down an eye-opening path that reveals secrets about the world she thought she knew.
The world’s order is held in careful balance, the essence of good and evil tilting the scale. When the fabric of reality is stripped away, Ellie is forced to make a decision to follow the path David’s constructed before her or simply walk away. The Core is missing and someone must step up and stand between the light and darkness, holding each back and maintaining equilibrium.


Some how I was able to acquaint myself with an amazing writer.  She writes terrifically well and has this amazing gift to share with us all.  And once I started reading, I have to tell you, I really cannot put her books down!  So when I was asked to do her cover reveal for book 2 in this series earlier this month, it was easy for me to say yes! But I was scheduled to read others before I could read for me so this one was on my TBR pile at the very top.  And once I finished the others, I started this one.  LUCKY ME!!!

My Review:
   Ok, it starts off with a shocker weirdness that I have to say confused me and confounded me.  I also got hooked right away.  I mean, really, everything in my gut was yelling at her to back off and to run for the hills.  But amazingly, she did not listen to my inner voice - even though it was strong enough for my kids to remind me it was a book. Ellie feels very connected to David and she cannot figure out why, until their special trip.  And then everything she knows and has believed, is altered and she is forced to make that choice between staying and doing or walking away and wondering.  I was immediately drawn into this book as the characters are so different and unique.  I felt that they all had totally different personailities and that somehow they were all very intermixed with each other to totally balance the others.  I am very intrigued to see where this story goes from here.  I am excited to figure out who becomes the Core and what that means for the others.  And also to see where David and Ellie's connection goes and why it is so strong.  This a 5 star book in my opinion, because if my day job and family weren't the priority they are, I would have not stopped reading til I reached the end.  I mean as it was I finished in 2 days but I had to work and kiddos have activities.  Cannot wait for Book 2 next month!!


Author Bio:




Kate Thomas, is the author of the upcoming Equilibrium Series, a five-book supernatural new adult series and the Resounding Series, and eight-book series, with plans for a few more series in 2015.

She is a CPA by trade, a church planter and entrepreneur at heart; however, writing and reading are passions she just can't help but indulge in. With more ideas than one person should be allowed, she is blessed to have a muse that doesn't seem to take a vacation and more energy that one might consider healthy.

She writes under the following pen names:
L.A. Starkey - Young Adult & Middle Grade Paranormal
Isabella James - Sci-fi/Fantasy
Author Links:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Kelly! What a great review. I'm stoked you enjoyed it. I fell in love with these guys all over again the other day when wrapping up The Light. :)

    Made my day reading this.

    Laurie (Kate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you Laurie (Kate). Amazing book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you loved it! Laurie is an awesome author!! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sure is. So lucky I found her I tell you!

    ReplyDelete