Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring Fling Blog Hop

I was asked to participate in this amazing blog hop.

The theme was the book you would do anything for.  And I began to debate things in my head.  I mean, I am a pretty transparent girl.  If I like a book, people know about it.  I have even gone to buying copies for others when I see them as I think all people should have them.  And that was when I realized that I had bought 3 copies of this book in the past year and gave them to others to read it.  And to the love of this book and series, I am completely indebted to my Aunt Mary.  She has instilled in me from the moment I became a part of her family an appreciation for books.  She shares so completely and wholeheartedly her books, that I will forever be indebted to her.  She is an amazing overall person - mom, grandma, aunt, sister, sister-in-law, cousin, teacher, etc.  She has reached so many people, I always smile when people mention her name and they do too.


Image result for piles of books


She once gave me a bag of books telling me that she would love to share any of her books with me - but I needed to be honest with her.  If I did not like that book or genre, I had to tell her.  Lucky for me, we have some similar interests there and it was easy.  Then she handed me an incredibly thick book.  I hadn't looked at a book like that since school.  She told me it looked daunting, but it was easily a fave for her.  So I gave it a try.  And boy am I glad I did.  She then shared the rest with me.  Now, we eagerly await the very thick books releases whenever they are given to us.  And to think that one time, I was able to meet this author with another amazing aunt I received via this amazing marriage I have.  Another aunt who loves books as much as I do!  Whereas this book is not my Aunt Debbie's cup of tea, she happily came with (along with a great cousin!) and sat for the author talk.  AMAZING!!!

So drum roll . . . .  Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

 Image result for outlander by diana gabaldon


 Perhaps, it sounds cliche given the tv show that is out right now, but my handsome husband reminded me that it was suppose to be a book that I would do anything for.  And this is definitely it.  I have re-read the book about 5 times now.  And re-read the others (or more so parts of them) at least a handful.  I am obsessed with the romance and love of Jamie and Claire.  And I know there are parts that are not for everyone.  The fact that in actuality she is already married when she weds Jamie is a sticker for some.  Or the brutality of the Scottish Highlands.  But overall, I can not get enough of this story line.  I always get the next installment as soon as I can and then read it right away.

So for Christmas I made my Aunt Mary the Outlander cowl from the TV show and I am currently knitting myself some of those fingerless gloves that Claire wears.  Why?  Well, honestly to use my yarn stash as well as bring a little more Outlander into my life.  Cheesy?  Yes, but if you know me, then you know that is what I am!!



 Now here are the other blogs on the blog hop :


 This amazing blog hop was created by Good Tales Book Tours.  Check them out!!
E-mail Sig Pic
 http://goodtalesbooktours.com/

 Oh and Last but not least is the giveaway opportunity:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking to pick up Outlander for the longest time now and I can't figure out why I haven't done so! People have been recommending me the TV series as well though I'm quite hesitant to watch it without having read the series first.

    Definitely moving this book to the top of my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely do! I cannot tell you how epic this is (ok I am gushing I know). But only tackle it if you have a big book in you. She packs quite a lot into one book - a lot of history, explanation of customs, descriptions,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Thanks for participating!

    Added to my TBR.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby read this one, and told me it's not my genre. I've heard great things about it, though...

    ReplyDelete