Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Legend of the Light Keeper - Book 1




Synopsis:

After a hurricane destroys her home, Lily Jordan is ready for life to get
back to normal. That would be easy if her mother's recent engagement hadn't
landed her in a house along Southeast Texas' most haunted ghost road.

The secluded scenic road is steeped in rich history and legends, but when
Lily is given an old diary on her birthday, will she find that those legends
hold more for her future than she's bargained for?

With the help of new friends, Hunter and Owen, and forbidden love, Talon,
will she uncover dark secrets from the past and find the key to her own
gifts? Is it fate or circumstance that brought her to her new home?

Normal gives way to the paranormal in book one of the Light Keeper series
where mystery and suspense will keep you guessing until the very last page.


My Review:
I liked this one a lot based on the paranormal aspect of the story.  But the whole, hooking up with my step-brother-to-be is a deal breaker for me.  I lose a lot of the respect for the characters when that happens.  I also, HATE when the parents are not involved in their kids lives because they are wrapped up inside of themselves.  And that is a major issue here.  Since her mom is engaged and dealing with that, she has little time or interest in dealing with her 16 year old.  Umm, I get that you work lady, but still, figure out what your kids are doing each day and that includes trying to hook up with your future stepson! 
But I digress.  I loved the supernatural element of the light and the shadow and how it impacted Lily.  (Which is a great name by the way!)  And the connection she immediately felt with Granny made it all the more amazing.  (As someone who just met the other half to my family and knowing how immediately I was attached to them, I totally get this!)
Unfortunately though, due to the incest-like love affair and the non-involved parents, I can only give this a 3 star rating.  I really liked the amazing details and such for the paranormal experiences, it just irritated me a bit more than I can handle.


Author Bio:

Kelly Hall was born and raised in Southeast Texas, and lives in a small town
just a stone's throw from the ghost road where her Light Keeper series is
based. When she's not busy writing, or spending time with her husband and
two sons, this self-proclaimed creative junkie dabbles in many different
forms of art, including cake decorating and mixed media. 



My Top 10 Guilty Pleasure Movies:

You know those movies, the ones that you’ve seen so many times that you know all the lines, can act out every scene, and that you’re secretly obsessed with and ashamed to admit it. You play them over and over and watch them every time they come on TV. Yeah, we all have them, and while some might even be good movies for their time, the amount of exposure you’ve inflicted on yourself is quite unhealthy. Well, this is a list of mine. Let’s see how many we share.

10. Ever After - (1998) This one makes me laugh. I can’t help myself.

9. Matilda- (1996) Miss Trunchbull and the chokey! Need I say more?

8. She’s All That- (1999) Loved Paul Walker’s jerk-faced character! He was beautiful.

7. 10 things I hate About You- (1999) Heath Ledger’s hair always bothered me in this, yet, I watch.

6. A Knight’s Tale- (2001) Heath’s hair was better in this and I love the music.

5. Twilight- (2008) I just can’t help myself. If it’s on, I’m probably watching.

4. Cry Baby- (1990) Hatchet-Face intrigues me. I can’t stop staring.

3. Hair Spray-(1988) Let’s face it, I confuse this one with Cry Baby all the time.

2. Donnie Darko-(2001) I’m always creeped out by Frank the Rabbit.

1. Mean Girls-(2004) I could quote this one all day! You either love this one or hate it. I love it!

That’s my list. It was hard to cull that one down to just ten!

A special THANK YOU to Kelly Hall for giving me this awesome list to include.  Something a bit more fun than just the synopsis and review - am I right?

Author Links:

<https://www.pinterest.com/authorkellyhall/ Pinterest |
<http://authorkellyhall.com/ Website |
<https://www.facebook.com/authorkellyhall Facebook |
<https://twitter.com/authorkellyhall Twitter

And now, the time everyone loves - the giveaway time!!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly!

    Thanks for hosting Kelly today and for the great review. I appreciate you taking your time to read and review the book.

    Thanks so much!!

    Laurie Starkey
    Good Tales Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting me today. I appreciate your review and would like to invite you and your friends to stop by my site and join my newsletter group for more information on the Light Keeper series, events, and contests. http://authorkellyhall.com/

    Thanks so much!
    ~KellyHall

    ReplyDelete