Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Review: Dorothy Must Die


Dorothy Must Die
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



OK. I know there is some people that are against this book and it's publisher, etc. - but when it comes down to it, I am a fan of the story itself. Not necessarily the writer but the story itself.

Perhaps that is why I liked this one so much. It took the Wizard of Oz and gave it a dark and creepy spin. Created some new characters for people to like and hate,as well as re-tune the old characters and make them into practically new ones all over again. I despise Dorothy but I think I was suppose to. She took everything that was Oz and destroyed it. I liked Amy but felt she followed the others instead of questioning and pursuing those answers.

As the book jacket stated, the mission is pretty simple - Kill the scarecrow, tin man,lion and then Dorothy. But I am intrigued that this will be going on in a few more books as opposed to abruptly ending like many books do these days. Wrap it all up in a neat and pretty bow. I think I like how this story is messy and dark and the ending makes you want the next book in the series.

I gave this an overall 4 out of 5 stars for the complexity and new twist on a classic.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment