Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review: What If I'm an Atheist?: A Teen's Guide to Exploring a Life Without Religion


What If I'm an Atheist?: A Teen's Guide to Exploring a Life Without Religion
What If I'm an Atheist?: A Teen's Guide to Exploring a Life Without Religion by David Seidman

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



I was disappointed in this book from the get go. As someone who has struggled with my religious beliefs both as an adult and as a youth, I was hoping to see a true conversation if you will about religion. I was hoping to encourage the youth of today to read this book to be able to make their own informed decisions about their religious life. But this was such a disappointment, I cannot reccomend this to anyone really. I was disappointed that they kept labeling people as athists as opposed to agnostic. And it really did not give a good definition of the two and their differences. And let me tell you that athists and agnostics are not the same. But this seemed to lump anyone who did not prescribe to a labeled religion (Catholic/Muslim/Christian/Jewish/Etc) then they were atheist. When in fact the way they described Abraham Lincoln or Mark Twain and many celebrities, one could tell they were not atheist at all, but were agnostic or just not defining their religious distinctions. Just because one does not attend a certain church does not mean they are not religious.
Therefore, I give this book a 1 star rating. I was disappointed by the overall book because in my opinion this was not a "guide for teens to explore a life without religion" as the cover stated



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment