Monday, February 9, 2015

Review: Dictatorship of the Dress


Dictatorship of the Dress
Dictatorship of the Dress by Jessica Topper

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



So, I had just attended the Lit Fest in my town and needed something romantic instead of the dystopian books I had been reading of late. And at the library, I came upon this one. And I just had to read it.

(There may be some spoilers, but not huge ones you couldn't figure out.)

The cover (which is something I will take into account) was ok. I guess for a book about a dress, I would have liked to have seen more of a dress on the cover. And the red roses blend into her hair so from a far it looks like a splotch on the cover, not a pretty girl with a bouquet of flowers.

I liked Laney and her quirkiness. She has some deep issues that come to light the more you read and she needed to take this journey to seem them come to a conclusion. And I loved her friend Dani - awesome sounding board. And that is something we all need.

Noah starts off so gruff and irritating but by the end of the book you realize he wasn't able to be himself and this was a journey for him too. And I loved his quirky sidekick Tim as well.

The main story was well written and fun. Definitely worth a pick up if you are in the mood for a quick read that has love and romance throughout it.

I give this more of a 3.75 stars but since it is whole numbers here on Goodreads, I will give it a 4.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment