Thursday, February 5, 2015

Review: The Collection


The Collection
The Collection by Shannon Stoker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I have no idea when I actually read this because in an effort to re-acquant myself with the book and it's development, I see that I never marked this read even though I know I have. But since I re-read it last night, I am marking today. :)

Now, this book picks right up where "The Registry" left off. We are introduced to a new person Riley who opens up Mia's world. In an effort to avoid spoilers, we re-connect in this story with Carter, Andrew, and Grant (a villian to beat all villians).

I liked how Mia grew and had her horizons broadened. And how the characters stayed true to the nature we saw in book 1. Too many times I see characters change from book to book and not because they grew, but because they were just portrayed more evil or nice. I am glad that that did not happen here.

My hatred for Grant has stayed ever strong. Ha! It was there in book 1 and it is still there in book 2. And rest assured, I am sure that I will still have it in book 3. I hate the idea of a woman only being around to serve her husband. UGH!

So overall, I gave this book a 5 star of out 5 star. I have a true love of this author and am so excited to be able to see her this weekend at our Lit Fest in our little town.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment