Friday, January 23, 2015

So super excited - Elgin Literary Festival is coming up!!


     
 From the Website:
The Elgin Literary Festival is a celebration of the written word taking place in Downtown Elgin, a blooming center of the arts.  The Festival aims to highlight bookish culture and provide writers and readers a place to create and appreciate the art of writing, all within the charming architecture and welcoming businesses that are the soul of the City of Elgin.

Area Author Karly Kirkpatrick is teaming up with Side Street Studio Arts and the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission to bring together Elgin business and organizations to host and be featured within the inaugural Elgin Literary Festival.  The Festival will feature readings, book signings, discussion panels, activities for children, and much more at various Downtown Elgin locations. 

From Me:
     I am super excited.  We are not known for our literary prowess here in Elgin, so when I saw this, I was very optimistic.  Then I saw a friend of mine was one of the masterminds - I WAS THRILLED!!!

Author talks, meet and greets, discussion panels, readings, and activities for my kiddos.  Is this for real?!?!  I cannot even imagine that I would be so lucky to be able to attend this with the family. 

My kids are looking forward to seeing this as well.  Even my teenager!!  Yep, a mother's literary dream come true I tell you.  So now, I sit with my books ready for signing. And I sit with my hopes that nothing come up and prevent me from attending.  I promise to tell you all about it afterwards and rave what I see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment