Sunday, January 18, 2015

Review: The Rosie Effect


The Rosie Effect
The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



I decided to try to obtain an ARC of this since I had intentions to read the Rosie Project after everyone raved about it. So when I got this one, I immediately read the Rosie Project first. After my disappointment if the first, I was hesitant to read this second. But my duty to Net Galley (in my mind) was huge. So read it I did. Ugh. Not what I wanted to see in a sequel at all. I appreciate that so many loved the characters as much as they do and found them funny. I just found Rosie to be mean and hateful throughout this book and that is not how I saw her character evolve at all. And Don stayed the same which given my perceptions of him, I would expect nothing else. And again, I do not like Gene at all!!! Those two issues I had made me really dislike this book even more than I thought possible and I did not have high expectations to begin with.
I wish I could say that I found the pregnancy storyline cute and endearing, but I found it to just a repeat of the first book except substitute finding a wife for figuring out marriage/pregnancy.
So, overall then, I would only give the story a 2 star rating as I really did not like the characters and the way they evolved.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment