Friday, January 23, 2015

Review: How to Ruin a Summer Vacation


How to Ruin a Summer Vacation
How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Ok, so I read these out of order, but that was ok. I felt this one was a good book. Not as great as the sequel, but that is fine. I am not sure exactly why I liked the sequel better but I really did. The idea that a child doesn't know their own father is sad to me. Yes, I know it happens a lot but it still is a sad thought. Also, I liked the change that occurred in the relationship between Amy and Ron (her father). It is a great thing to be have a connection with your parents.

I loved the relationship between Amy and Ari and how it is beginning. I really root for them in book two so it is nice to see their beginning here.

I will give this book a 4 star rating. Not as good as the sequel but still a good book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment