Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Bayou Hero


Bayou Hero
Bayou Hero by Marilyn Pappano

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



So, let me start this off by saying I have an inspiring aunt who loves to read. And ages ago, she started sharing her books with me. And usually, I do not include them in my review totals as I am consumed with my ARCs and book club reads. But I was intrigued when she stated that she always buys a book by this author without a second thought.
I can see why. This author can spin a tale and make you totally immersed in it very quickly. I was captivated by the characters as well as the plot. I have seen other reviews that stated that when one reads a lot, it is hard to be surprised by plot twists. I find that to be true for the most part. But still, I did not feel that it was a mark against the story at all here.
I gave this story a 4 star rating not because it was a new or unique story. I gave it that because it was well written and engrossing. Something you can not always find to be sure.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment