Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review: The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror


The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror
The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



First off, yes this book really was outside my norm read.

So it took a while for me to get into the book. Like a lot longer than normal. So by chapter 5 I still was a bit iffy on the story.

Then it finally picked up the paces and I began to enjoy the book. Now I mean, Zombie Santa, talking fruit bat, Crazy psycho wife of a pothead cop - what is not to enjoy there right? There was a bunch of weirdness thrown throughout the story but by the end of it, it all made sense and seemed to be there for some bizarre reason and without it, it would have not made sense.

I will admit that I thought when I go to book club with this review I would be giving a "no I did not like it" report. But I am thankful to say that it changed and I will be giving a good review. And my closing comments are to the author's warning. How freaking funny was it? "If you are buying this book as a gift for your grandma or a kid, you should be aware that it contains cusswords as well as tasteful depictions of cannibalism and people in their forties having sex. Don't blame me. I told you." That had me intrigued and laughing for a bit.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment