Thursday, December 18, 2014

Review: Perfect Chemistry


Perfect Chemistry
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book features a well known type story. Gang banger boy from the wrong side of the tracks and the pretty girl who is a popular poms beloved by all. Their back stories are intriquing and they offer a glimpse into the imperfect lives we all lead. I liked the obvious chemistry between the love interests.
I appreciate the complexity into the way they feel they need to act around others as that is the perception of their true character. Her parental figures irritated the crud out of me. They seemed disinterested in every aspect of their daughters life except that she look a certain part. I do understand that there are parents out there like that but it irritates me regardless. But that aspect of this story was well done and did not have a cheesy all is well ending. I think that her friends are classicly obsessed with stupid image like most high school girls are.
His persona is one of interest I feel. Is he the bad boy from the wrong side? Of course but he is complex to the umpth degree. His sense of family is huge and he only wants to protect the ones he loves. His love for Brit is very strong and a bit all consuming as most loves are in high school (at least what a high schoolerr feels they are). His mother is a character that for once the parent didn't irritate me. She loves her family as well and you can quickly see where he gets that trait from.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and the message it sends to the reader. Not everything is easily corrected and fixed in life and one needs to figure out who is important in their lives and keep the close.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment