Thursday, December 25, 2014

Review: The Longest Ride


The Longest Ride
The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I was pleasantly surprised by the outcome and story.

I am happy to report that the typical Nicholas Sparks formula is tweeked in this story to where you are not cursing Mr. Sparks for always killing off a character you love so much.

Sophia was classic in that she was not the victim she could have been. She overcame her obstacles and truly loved with all she had. Luke was the cowboy you really wanted to be able to have it all and loved his gentle loving ways.

The only true issue is that I was not totally into the Ira plotline and did not feel truly connected with him or Ruth. And I also truly was confused by why a cowboy/bull rider would actually choose North Carolina to settle in but I "drank the Mr. Sparks punch" on that.

Overall, I really liked this story and gave it 4 stars. And I will say that the twist at the end, is just the happy ending I needed at this time of year.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment