Monday, December 29, 2014

Review: London Calling


London Calling
London Calling by Karly Kirkpatrick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Ok, one thing you have to understand about me is that whenever a few particular writers publish something, a part of me is giggling like a little kid while the other is busy buying the book via whatever. And obviously Karly Kirkpatrick is one of them.
When I read on FB that is was out, I literally squealed and my kids came running to find out what was going on. (Comical when you think about it, really. Or maybe it was just me?) I had a busy next day and found it later at night but bought it I did. And had it not been a deadline looming over me to finish the latest book I was reading, I would have started London Calling right away. But I did start it this morning and could not put it down!
I was curious, was it cliche? Was it predictable? Was it going to keep my interest? So here is the answer breakdown: I didn't think it was cliche. I hoped it would go a certain way without being cheesy and was granted my hopes. And it totally kept my interest hence why nothing else got done around my house.
I liked the realness of the characters and the trials that occurred for all of them. I have to say that I enjoyed the setting and plot a lot too. London was described as an almost additional character in the story and that is a rarity that a writer can pull that off. (Trust me, I have read a few who have tried and it was not pleasant to read at all.)
I gave this book 5 stars because it met all of my criteria and I simply love reading Karly's books. It isn't wrong for me to be eagerly awaiting another book so quickly after her last release, right?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment