Friday, November 21, 2014

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After


Isla and the Happily Ever After
Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Let me confess first off that I totally skipped over the second book. I have read Anna and even own it but I forgot to read the second installment with Lola. Oops! I will be going back to read it but hope it is a little better than Isla. I did not feel as connected with Isla as I did with Anna. I felt a bit like eavesdropping on a section of her life and now I am over it. It was odd. I felt that in Anna, Paris was almost a character of the story. But in Isla, NYC or Paris were just the place they were - it could have been anywhere as neither of them seemed that immersed in the culture of that city. I also felt frustrated with the lack of presence of the previous characters. I felt invested in them and when they are nothing more than a mention with no substance behind them, I question whether or not I felt more than I should have for them. Overall it was a very quick read with not a lot to make me gush over it with my friends. I will recommend that they read them in order as perhaps that would help (?).



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment