Monday, November 10, 2014

Review: Angels Walking


Angels Walking
Angels Walking by Karen Kingsbury

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



First off, I should say I liked the book to an extent. I find many of these books the same and that frustrates me. Secondly, allow me to say that it was written well but in a predictable Karen Kingsbury way. And I say that with no malice, trust me, I do not mean any. Karen Kingsbury writes for all people and they are very nice Christian stories. My only issues with them surround how they are constructed. To me, these stories have the same plot lines. Boy and Girl are together. Boy and girl are torn apart for some specific reason. Boy becomes damaged usually both physically and mentally. Girl happens upon Boy with her unending Faith and love. Boy realizes error in his ways and redeems himself. Boy and Girl live happy ever after even if perhaps not together.
I found these characters irritating as I believed the character of Sammy to be a bit naive and fantastic. I felt that the Angels mentioned in the title were a bit too elusive for the title including them. I felt they should be a bit more present than they were.
I am unsure if I will continue with this series as I realize upon writing this, I was more irritated than not with it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment