Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Review: California


California
California by Edan Lepucki

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



A dystopian book always grabs my attention. One set in California definitely peeked my interest as I just was in Cali. However, I had higher hopes for this book than I received. I liked the characters - not loved them. I was irritated by the very predictable twist when Cal and Frida decide to leave the wilderness for a guarded community. Seriously predictable. But overall I enjoyed the story more than those irritated me. I was irritated with both the main characters at a variety of times throughout the story. Thankfully not at the same time as then I would have rated this a lot less. Overall it was a more believable dystopian story than some out there. I am glad it got the attention it did from the media and wish that other stories get that from others. A definitive good addition to anyone's book list.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment