Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: We Were Liars


We Were Liars
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Wow! I recently sent in the last five books I had read to The Printer's Row and received a suggestion for my next book to read. They gave me this title. I am so happy they did!!
I was intrigued by the introduction to the family - very Kennedy-esque. We have money. We have our own island. We have secrets. We are Democrats. We have a great family. Then it gets a bit confusing as you are trying to put the pieces together just like the main character is. The journey Cady goes on is heart breaking and amazing. Even with all the adversity involved and everything that happens, I found myself eager to continue reading and experiencing right there with her and the Liars. I was a bit ataken back by the ending - I had an inkling of it but some of the details took me by surprise.
I cannot recommend this book enough!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment