Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Camelot Code by Mari Mancusi




I received this copy with the intention that I would review it honestly for them.  (Woot woot - first one done!)


Book's DescriptionEnjoy this new tween-friendly time travel fantasy, perfect for readers ages 10 and up. All fourteen-year-old gamer girl Sophie Sawyer wants to do is defeat Morgan Le Fay in her favorite Arthurian videogame. She has no idea the secret code sent via text message is actually a magical spell that will send her back in time to meet up with a real life King Arthur instead.

Of course Arthur's not king yet--he hasn't pulled the sword from the stone--and he has no idea of his illustrious destiny. And when a twist of fate sends him forward in time--to modern day high school--history is suddenly in jeopardy. Even more so when Arthur Googles himself and realizes what lies in store for him if he returns to his own time--and decides he'd rather try out for the football team instead.

Now Sophie and her best friend Stuart find themselves in a race against time--forced to use their 21st century wits to keep history on track, battle a real-life version of their favorite video game villain, and get the once and future king back where he belongs. Or the world, as they know it, may no longer exist.




My ReviewI was never a huge fan of Camelot and the names associated with it.  Then my oldest became obsessed with the Magic Treehouse series.  So I got a little into it.  Then I really started reading anything I could get my hands on.  And my love of the world of magic took off.  I really liked how the world of today joined that of Arthur and Guinevere.  I loved the reality of the history with the what ifs related to time travel.  I have always been intrigued by how time travel could alter lives on an ongoing basis.  I really cannot wait until my kids are a bit older and can read this book.  I am sure they will enjoy it every bit as much as I did.


So, another review done.  I am on a roll.  Soon another one I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment